Monday, January 31, 2011

New job...

Today I started my new job.  I am actually with the same company, in the same position but I've transferred to a different location.  It is a much different job with many more and very different clients.  Sam and I are extremely happy about this change.  I have been wanting something different for quite some time.  I have also been extrememly fed up with the long commute I was making everyday.  It was a 45 minute to 1 hour drive, one way.  When the roads and traffic were bad because of the snow it would take me about 2 1/2 hours to get home.  My new work is 3 miles away from our house. 

This is the best case scenario for us at this point.  I was in desperate need for a change but was terrified to interview.  No matter how much they can deny it, a 7 month pregnant belly definately would affect a perspective employer's decision.  So, I got a new, totally different job, didnt have to go through escrutiating interviews, and will save about $75 on gas per week.  Yay!

The pregnancy is continuing to cruise on by.  We are having a lot of fun learning new things and some what welcoming all of the weird changes.  I have been feeling great...just tired and hungry, like usual.  I have been getting up a few more times during the night to use the bathroom and having trouble falling back asleep.  Nature's way of preparing me for the up-all-nights??

She continues to kick and move a lot.  I just love feeling her move and Sam enjoys it as well.  He is able to feel her movements more and more.  We can also see my stomach move on the outside which is a little creepy and alien-ish but also lots of fun. 

The baby's room is coming together, slowly but surely.  We appreciate all of the help we are receiving from our parents.  Thanks guys!  We now have the room painted, crib and changing table put together, dresser, and rug.  We have the bedding and a glider w/ottoman picked out.  So far, it looks beautiful!  We love it and can't wait to get it all finished up. 

Sometimes I sit in the baby's quiet room all by myself and just think.  This is my favorite thing to do lately because I feel the closest to her while still feeling calm and relaxed because she is not actually here yet.  After all, it won't be like this for long!

1 comment:

  1. There is no greater gift than the gift of time. Congratulation again on the job transfer. It won't be long before you new co-workers and clients fall in love with your sparkling personality.
    We love the blog. When we are missing you, it's the next best thing to having you in person.
    Hope to see you on Sunday. GO PACK GO!!
    Love Ya,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete