Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Disclaimer: I was wearing a very heavy sweater.

Yes, that's right.  I was wearing the heaviest. sweater. ever. when I stepped on the scale at the doctor.  Oh, and there was lots of heavy snow and such on my boots...

Since my last doctor's visit, 5 weeks ago, I have gained 16 pounds.  Yes, I said 16.  That brings me to a grand total of 26 so far.  I was quite surprised!  My doctor is pleased with my progress and the baby is measuring right on track.  I have no swelling yet and normal blood pressure.  I'm not sure where this so called 26 pounds is, but my belly has gotten quite round.  I still feel great and am comfortable with the amount and the quality of food I eat.  I keep trying (and Sam does too) to reassure myself that everyone is different and to quit comparing my pregnancy to other people's.  Everything is going great so far and I will continue to try to not focus on the number. 

I also had my glucose tolerance test and am still awaitng results.  The "drink" wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  Sam is a trooper and waited with me the entire time.  Oh, and I think the glass of pure sugar must have contributed to my tipping the scales as well.  :)

We have been busy thinking about a lot of things for the future.  Money Markets, Mutual Funds, Roth IRA's...oh my!  I occasionally get overwhelmed with all of the planning and things to think about.  We are slowly but surely getting the baby's room put together.  Sam primed and painted 3 coats and we love it.  We are working on bedding and color schemes...such big decisions.  We are picking up things when we see them for cheap, such as a few gowns and sleepers that we got for $1 each today!  We are excited to set up our brand new crib and changing table, which will be beautiful.  It is easy to get caught up in trying to pick out the "perfect" and "right" things.  We have to continually remind ourselves to sit back and relax and enjoy these moments. 

We are looking forward to our upcoming events and in the mean time, we remain pretty amused by this bowling ball feeling -looks like I ate a whole watermelon- baby bump! 

No comments:

Post a Comment