Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Perfect.

I don't care how big the dirty laundry piles are, how much dog hair is on the floor, or how many dirty dishes are in the sink...

I don't care if I didn't get the chance to paint my nails, pluck my eyebrows, or workout tonight...

However, I DID get a chance to feed my baby, change my baby, bathe and dress my baby, and share many smiles with my baby.  I DID get time to cuddle, snuggle, and love up this baby.  There is nothing like the sight and the feeling of my sleeping child in my arms to help me forget about all of the things I did not get to tonight. 

Life is too short to worry about all of that piddly crap.  The dishes and laundry are not going anywhere and will still be there when we finally get to them.  I am so thankful for my perfect little life and my perfect little family.  I am thankful for the time I get to spend with my family and friends.  I am far from starving and am nice and cool and comfy in my air conditioned house.

By the way, have I mentioned that our little peanut is perfect?  Who knew that those normally appalling bodily functions could be so darn cute!?  Of course, everybody's baby is perfect and the cutest baby in the whole world, according to their parents.  No matter how tired I am or which wee hour of the night it is, she is always looking up at us from her crib with a perfectly giant smile and a perfectly squirmy little body.  It is enough to make the sleep from my tired eyes automatically disappear. 

We just love this little gal...more than words can say.




No comments:

Post a Comment