Saturday, May 21, 2011

Stuff...

Sometimes you just have to take pictures of inanimate objects.


This is our anniversary cake.  The bakery we chose for our wedding makes a new cake so you don't have to save the top of the cake from the wedding.  Well, we got it...it may be like a whole year late...but we got it.  So, we celebrated our  2 year anniversary coming up and the arrival of Leah...Cheers!


The plant that Mom and Dad brought with them to the hospital to welcome Leah.


I wanted to bring something to the hospital to recognize our Grandparents who are no longer with us.  I thought about flowers and angel figurines, etc. and then I came across this poem and thought it was perfect.  It says everything I was thinking and I just wanted something simple to make it feel like they were with us on
this super special day.  We love you!


This is my new favorite necklace from Auntie Karla and Uncle Ben.  Simple, yet beautiful.  


Apparently, the Who's Who of kids now a days owns a Sophie, the Giraffe.  Sam and I were part of a conversation about a new mom and how she HAD to have this giraffe because all of the other new moms had it for their babies and all of the babies absolutely love it.  It was a big joke becase it is a $22 squeeky toy.  Sam, like all of the other husbands I'm sure, said we would not be buying a $22 squeeky toy for our baby so sure enough, we got it as a gift at the hospital.  :)  I was pretty happy we got it because it is all the rage among the new moms.  Thanks guys!  It turns out that Grammie (Terry) got two of them as gifts.  During my first week at home with the baby, I had the tv on in the background and caught the end of a show on Bravo.  They showed an update of a family with a new baby and the baby was holding a Sophie, the Giraffe.  She's famous!  Leah does not yet know how lucky she is to be the proud owner of a
Sophie, the Giraffe. 


I love getting cards and I loved all of my Mother's Day cards, but this one was probably my favorite.  


As for an update, we are all doing very well.  I am so happy to be home to spend this time with the new baby.  Although, I could use more showers and adult conversation.  But, I am loving every minute with my new baby girl and wish the time wasn't flying by so fast!  Every day when Sam comes home from work he says that she's grown.  She looks different and does something new everyday! 

I will continue to try to blog and post pictures.  I have to keep reminding myself to take pictures because she is growing so fast!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sophie... We've got two. It's true, she is the coolest toy to have.
    I hope you are enjoying these days.
    The showers will come again, more regularly once she gets a routine down and will nap for a little longer. These are the days to simply enjoy cuddles.

    ReplyDelete