Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to all of our loved ones!  Hope you had a special day.  We had a great day...we went to our 28 week appointment yesterday and all went well!  Baby Girl has a super strong heartbeat in the 140's and moving around like crazy.  We are having lots of fun watching my belly move.  She's quite spunky!  We are measuing right on and this time I only gained 2 pounds.  AND I was wearing a heavy sweater!  Nope, I did not try to do anything different to keep from gaining so much weight.  It must have just been a time of rapid growth?  I'm sure toward the end I will gain a bunch at a time not to mention the swelling I hear such great things about.  I did mention my concen about all of my recent and random bloody noses.  My doctor had a bit of a concern about my platelets so I had a blood draw and should get the results shortly.  She tried to determine the position of the baby but  I happen to be so darn ticklish that I kept tensing my stomach muscles everytime she felt around so the position is still to be determined.  Next time we should be able to figure out the position.  And hope for head down baby pretty soon!  Yikes. 

Today was an exciting day as we decided on and secured our spot at daycare.  This was a difficult process and a lengthy and stressful search.  After months of thoughts, ideas and research, and weeks of phone calls, interviews, tours and decision making, we feel great and very confident about our decision.  What we thought we wanted, we couldn't afford...what we could afford was not "good enough".  This is especially an unpleasant search when we both really want Mommy to be able to stay home with the baby but...not an option. :(  We decided on a small, school based center in Plymouth.  (loved the place from the moment we walked in)  Sam is working with his boss in hopes of changing his schedule so that he can work 4-10 hour shifts and have one day off per week.  This would allow us only 2 days in daycare as we are lucky enough to get help from Sam's parents as well.  Grandma Sjostrom will be taking care of baby 2 days per week.  We are, once again, SO grateful we have such awesome parents and in-laws that help us out in so many ways.  So, this is a big check mark on our to-do list...I literally felt a weight lift off of my shoulders today.

Tomorrow is also a big day as we start our 6 weeks of classes at the hospital.  We are nervous because this means that we are getting closer to the big day.  But, also very excited to learn and see what these classes have to offer.  I've got my pillows and my "coach" all ready to go!  Hee Hee Hoo.  Right?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment